Here in Las Vegas, we get a LOT of quick business trips. We hold conventions, and those conventions lead to meetings and cocktails. How do you make sure you’ve got everything you need without having to add a checked bag to your itinerary? I’ve got you covered! Here’s what you should pack for a 1 – 2 night trip in only a carry-on!
Let’s start with the outside and work our way in for both Men and Women:
- We are starting with a professional blazer. We want to give an “I’m suit and tie level serious about this business trip” kind of vibe. But since we are traveling light, we don’t want to bring your biggest thickest tailored blazer to pack in your carry on…that would take up the most space. So instead we want to bring something you can carry or wear on the plane. To answer that need, we are going to carry/wear an easy to travel wrinkle-resistant blazer like this one. This Haggar Men’s in Motion Travel Stretch Tailored Fit Blazer has raving reviews from travelers on Amazon and looks fantastic. It’s difficult to wrinkle and has a comfortable fit, so I recommend wearing/carrying on the plane. This is a dry clean only sports coat so you will have to be careful not to stain it while traveling.
- Wrinkle-resistant is the name of the game here, and this button down is the champ. This button down top is perfect to wear under your blazer for the more serious meetings, and stylish enough to ditch the blazer and still feel comfortable in the evening cocktail or dinner meeting. This comes in extremely fashionable colors and the classic white. I’d bring 2 of these just in case you want to switch it up between meetings and cocktails or if you are staying more than one night.
- The pants are going to be something you’ll be comfortable in all day long no matter the event, and you want to be sure you’re not going to end up wrinkly and losing your edge! For this I recommend the Haggar Men’s Work To Weekend Hidden Expandable Waist No Iron Plain Front Pant. This is a great looking, stylish pant that is again wrinkle resistant and will look great from your business meeting to a night out at one of Las Vegas’ best night clubs.
- You always want your shoe game to be on lock, whether that’s at your business meeting or walking through the airport. These La Milano Mens Double Monk Strap Slip on Loafer Cap Toe Leather Oxford Formal Business Casual Comfortable Dress Shoes will do just that. They definitely catch my eye, and the memory foam sole makes sure they are comfortable all day long from the board room to cocktails and back to the airport. These come in a few colors so you can make sure you match. Black is always a good classic choice.
- In Vegas, other than cocktails and nights out on the town, lots of business meetings turn to golf the next morning before you leave the city. Be prepared by keeping these last few items in your carry on:
- For the ladies, I am starting the same way. With a nice wrinkle-resistant blazer that says “You asked for the boss, so they sent me.”. This blazer comes with raving reviews from Amazon, and with a longer length will look amazing over a dress or skirt that might be a bit more relaxed. Since it is wrinkle-resistant I love this to wear or carry during travel.
- To layer under that blazer, I have a few different options depending on your vibe. I love a multifunctional dress so you can ditch the blazer after the meeting and go straight to the dance floor or cocktails. We also love a jump suit or pants suit and comfortable button up blouse.
- Order a few sizes up on this blouse.
- There is definitely a different shoe for spending all day in business meetings to going for cocktails unless you can handle your cocktail shoes all day long then Go Head Girl!! But for the rest of us, we try for a comfortable shorter heel for business and a higher heel for cocktails like these.
To keep it super simple for you, and prevent accidental spills and mishaps in your carry on, I offer travel kits for toiletries that will be delivered directly to your hotel. Order yours right now!
Make sure you book your hotel room with my hotel team by getting your room rates from our booking page. We keep rates up to 30% off what you can find anywhere else, and personalize your service! My team is available 24 hours a day for any issues, comments, questions or concerns. And, once you book with me, I’ll be available to help you plan out the rest of your trip free of charge! Send me an email right now to get started.